Zodiac is a DNS protocol analyzation and exploitation program. It is a robust tool to explore the DNS protocol. Internally it contains advanced DNS routines for DNS packet construction and disassembling and is the optimal tool if you just want to try something out without undergoing the hassle to rewrite DNS packet routines or packet filtering.
- sniffing on all kinds of configured devices (Ethernet, PPP, …)
- capturing and decoding nearly all types of DNS packets, including packet decompression
- nurses driven text based frontend with interactive commanding and multiple windows
- threaded design allow more flexibility when adding your own features
- clean code, commented and tested just fine, ready for you to extend
- internal DNS packet filtering allows installation of pseudo DNS filters you can “select()” on a large set of DNS packet construction primitives
- DNS name server visioning using BIND version requests
- DNS local spoofing, answering DNS queries on your LAN before the remote NS
- DNS jazz spoofing, exploiting a weakness within old BIND versions
- DNS ID spoofing, exploiting a weakness within the DNS protocol itself
You can download Zodiac 0.4.9 here:
Or read more here.
Zodiac SpoofingPosted: July 27, 2008 in Uncategorized